the grandma tour

Our first grandchild is due January 23rd, 2007. 2007 will be the centenniel of my mother's parents arrival in America. My son, August, and his wife Rachel work at the Coast Guard Station at Staten Island. My grandparents passed by Fort Wadsworth on their way to Ellis Island. Everything goes full circle...

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Grandchild update

The last ultrasound did not indicate whether the baby is a girl or a boy. This was interpreted as a display of modesty by Rachel, Linda and myself. We jumped to the conclusion that the modesty might indicate a girl. So for the past few weeks I've been thinking maybe I'll have a grand daughter.

Yesterday Rachel had another ultrasound. I think that the display of modesty should be reinterpreted as playfulness instead. IT"S A BOY!!!!

I am told by August that there will be no reliance on women's intuition again....

I can't wait to meet this little guy-- I think he's probably a chip off the block. Augie would be tricky like that. This is going to be fun!!!

Now the little guy has a name, "Roark Patrick".

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy Friend said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home